The weekend is here and that means long lie-ins and yummy brunches!
These fluffy pancakes are the perfect treat for a lazy morning. Team with summer berries and maple syrup to make even more delicious!
What you’ll need:
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for cooking
What you’ll need to do:
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
2. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When it’s melted, add a ladle of batter. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is used up!