These truffles are very easy to make and can be prepared the day before and left in the fridge until you need them. Rich and dense, the perfect after-dinner treat!
What you need:
- 400g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 250ml double cream
- 100ml Bailey’s
- cocoa powder, to coat
What you do:
- In a saucepan, heat the cream until it is nearly boiling, but do not allow it to actually boil.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate pieces and allow the chocolate to melt. When it has melted, stir in the Bailey’s.
- Place the mixture in a bowl that will later allow you to shape the truffles, perhaps a wide casserole dish.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 1-2 hours until it has hardened.
- Put some cocoa powder on a plate.
- Shape the truffles using your hands and roll the balls in the cocoa powder; then place on a serving plate.
- Continue until the mixture is used and all of the truffles are coated with cocoa powder.