From Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie to Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon we thought that we had a pretty decent knowledge on celebrity friendships.
It can be difficult to stay up to date on who exactly is singing about which ex-girlfriend but generally social media keeps us all in the loop – looking at you, Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna.
However, these photos prove as a reminder that in a time before Twitter and Instagram, the most random of celeb friendships took place. We feel like they needed to be brought to your attention. So enjoy this delightful trip down A-list memory lane.
1. 50 Cent and Bette Midler
Can they please do a duet?
2. Will Smith and Marilyn Manson
3. Mary J. Blige, Renee Zellweger, Angelina Jolie, Missy Elliott and Christina Aguilera
We also need to talk about Angie’s outfit.
4. Hilary Duff, Lil Jon and Jason Biggs
There has never been a better time to ask… 'turn down for what?'
5. Louis Tomlinson, Courtney Love and that guy from The Walking Dead who may or may not be dead (Norman Reedus).
6. Mike Tyson, Joan Rivers, Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, SJP, Tara Reid and Lady Gaga
The celebrity gods smiled down on us all on this special day.
7. Amanda Bynes and Rihanna
Who appear to have gone to the debs together?
8. J-Law and Kris Jenner
This one's fairly recent – more proof that Kris Jenner continues to take over the world.
9. Beyoncé and Blake Lively
They apparently even had a secret handshake.
10. Helen Mirren and Russell Brand
We’re sure they have a lot in common.