HomeTagsPosts tagged with "accient"

accient

It's been reported that an Irish couple have been involved in a minibus crash while holidaying in Turkey.

According to The Irish Independent , the incident happened in the Kusadasi beach resort yesterday.

It's understood the minibus was en route to the airport at the time of the accident.

The extent of the couple's injuries is not known, though a source told the newspaper they are not believed to be life threatening.

The Department of Foreign Affairs confirmed they are aware of the situation and are providing consular assistance.

Trending

by

Lifestyle blogger, Rebecca Burger, has been killed following a tragic incident in which she was struck in the chest by a whipped cream dispenser that had exploded.

The 33-year-old reportedly suffered a cardiac arrest after the gadget malfunctioned.

The dispensers work by injecting gas into a pressurised metal canister, and it has now emerged that one French consumer group have been warning people about the potential threat for years.

Rebecca's family announced her death on Facebook and Instagram where she had around 200,000 followers.

 

A post shared by Rebecca Burger (@rebeccablikes) on

Women's Best, a health and fitness firm for whom Rebecca modelled, also paid tribute to the ''great athlete.''

“We are sad to have to announce the loss of this wonderful soul. Our French athlete Rebecca Burger died yesterday.”

“Rebecca was a great athlete and a kind and generous person with whom to work.”

“Pray for her to rest in peace and for her family to remain strong. We will always be proud of you Rebecca.”

Unfortunately, Rebecca was not the first person to fall victim to the product's dangerous design flaw.

One victim of an exploding cream dispenser told RTL radio in 2013: "I had six broken ribs, and my sternum was broken.

"At the hospital, I was told that if the shock and blast had been facing the heart, I would be dead now."

According to The Independent, one manufacturer had issued a product recall last year, however, it is thought that tens of thousands could still remain in people's homes.

 

A post shared by Rebecca Burger (@rebeccablikes) on

Yesterday, an example of the product was posted on Rebecca's Instagram along with the caption: "Here is an example of a siphon that exploded and crashed into Rebecca’s chest, causing her death."

"The siphon which caused her death was sealed. Don’t use this product in your homes! Tens of thousands of the faulty devices are already in circulation."

Fans have been paying their tributes following Rebecca's untimely death.  

Feature Image: Instagram

Trending
Well hello there!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device in cookies to serve you personalized content and ads.

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.