When we saw red wine hot chocolate become Internet-famous, we thought our Friday nights were made forever. Sure, what's better than sitting in by the fire with a cup of boozy hot cocoa?
Well, we'll tell you what's better. Red wine brownies. Mmm hmm…
Cosmo came across a recipe for 'Red Wine Brownies with Drunken Cranberries' by foodie blogger A Cookie Named Desire, and they look divine.
Amanda from A Cookie Named Desire begins by telling us we should use a full-bodied wine (so none of that cheap Lidl stuff) in order to get really gooey, gorgeous brownies.
Here's the recipe so you can make it for yourself tonight… because Wednesday's are hard, right?
- 3/4 cup of red wine (or you know… more)
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter
- 6 oz of dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a small bowl, mix the red wine and cranberries together and allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour or until the cranberries look plumped.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree and grease and flour an 8 by 8 inch pan.
3. Mix flour and sea salt in a bowl and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl over boiling water, heat the butter and chocolate until just melted and mixed together.
5. Remove from the bowl from the heat and add the eggs one at a time.
6. Add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix, then add the flour and mix well.
7. Add in the red wine and cranberries, then fold in the nuts.
8. Pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with only crumbs.
9. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan about about 25 – 30 minutes in the pan, then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.