What are Ireland’s favourite biscuits and chocolates at Christmas time, you ask? What do Irish people absolutely HAVE to have with a cup of tea after Christmas dinner?
All is being revealed today, as Aldi releases figures from a survey carried out to highlight that the supermarket is stocking a wide range of all of the favourite food, drink and confectionery brands you love this festive season.
Tins and tubs of chocolates are a firm favourite in Irish households each Christmas, and it comes as no surprise that Cadbury Roses raced home to victory as the favourite amongst Irish householders, with 43 percent of the overall vote.
We are a nation of biscuit lovers, and the people have responded – Jacob’s Chocolate Kimberley was the winner with 38 percent of the vote.
There are the flavours that you hate, the ones that you avoid and then there are the ones that you love more than the rest, but can never seem to get your hands on! Fudge, caramel and orange flavours were the most argued over sweets amongst families when it comes to the ones that everyone wants, with coffee, dark chocolate, Turkish delight and strawberry cremes being named as the chocolates that are always left behind.
The brands most associated with Christmas in homes across Ireland are – Cadbury Roses, Jacob’s Chocolate Kimberley, Quality Street, Coca Cola and Guinness.
The most popular biscuit brands are:
- Jacob’s Chocolate Kimberley – 38 percent
- Fox’s Biscuits – 15 percent
- Cadbury Chocolate Assortment – 10 percent
- McVitie’s Chocolate Digestives – 9 percent
- Jacob’s USA Biscuits – 8 percent and Shortbread – 8 percent
- Afternoon Tea – 5 percent
- Chocolate Hobnobs – 2 percent
- Snowballs (1 percent), Custard Cremes (1 percent), Pink Wafer (1 percent), Viscounts (1 percent) and Victoria Biscuits (1 percent)
The most popular chocolate brands are:
- Cadbury Roses – 43 percent
- Quality Street – 18 percent
- Celebrations – 12 percent
- Cadbury Heroes – 8 percent
- After Eights – 5 percent
- Lindt – 3 percent and Ferrero Rocher – 3 percent
- Butlers (2 percent), Black Magic (2 percent), Terry’s Chocolate Orange (2 percent)
- Milk Tray and Dairy Box – 1 percent
Aldi will be stocking a wide range of branded items this festive season, meaning you can find everything you need this Christmas, and all at amazing Aldi prices.
Stock up on snacks in time for this year’s Late Late Toy Show (30th November) with the following great items – on sale from 25th November for one week only!