Healthy and delicious chocolate treats can be impossible to find, especially if you’re intolerant to gluten. But here is a recipe that is not only flour free but delicious too. To make it even better, it is not only perfect for those who have an intolerance to gluten, but for vegans as well.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 can low sodium black beans
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 95g dark brown sugar
- 30g unsweetened vegan cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 30g vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C and then grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Place flaxseeds and almond milk into a bowl and mix until ingredients form a smooth batter and almond milk thickens up a bit, about 1 minute. Then add drained and rinsed black beans, avocado, vanilla, and brown sugar and process again until smooth. Add in cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder and process again until the batter is smooth and thick.
- If batter is way too thick and won’t process, you can add in another tablespoon or two of milk. This batter needs to be very thick in order to produce fudgy brownies.
- Add batter into prepared pan and use a spatula to spread evenly to sides.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the cup chocolate chips and coconut oil for 30-45 seconds to melt chocolate. Stir until smooth, then pour over top of batter. Use a knife to swirl chocolate into batter a few times.
- Bake for 22-30 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out somewhat clean. You will know they’re done, if the top of the batter should be completely set and no longer jiggle. Let the brownies cool completely on a wire rack then cut into 12 bars.