Summer is officially here which means it’s finally time to put our boots away and get those sandals on.
But after a long winter it’s safe to say that most of our feet probably aren’t in the best sandal-wearing shape.
Unfortunately, not all of us have the time or the money to pop off to the salon to get a pedicure every time our feet are feeling a bit dry or our nails are a bit chipped.
Instead, take a look at our guide on how to give yourself the perfect at-home pedicure.
1. Start your pedicure by removing the dead skin from the soles of your feet. The best way to do this is with a foot file when your feet are still dry.
2. Soak your feet in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes. Add a reviving foot soak to the water, which will help strengthen and whiten nails.
3. Rub your feet with a foot scrub before taking them out and drying them.
4. Use a cuticle stick to gently push back your cuticles.
5. Use a nail clippers to cut the top of your nails straight across. It is recommended to use a lot of little clips instead of one big one. One big one will make it easier for your nail to break.
6. With a nail file, file around the edges of your toenails to get rid of any pointed or sharp edges.
7. Use a rich foot lotion to gently massage your feet.
8. Using a damp cotton wool pad, wipe the lotion off your feet. Then apply your base coat to the nails.
9. When the base coat has dried, apply your polish. Follow this with a topcoat.