A new food trend is sweeping over Instagram and Pinterest and we think it might just be the answer for carb-addicts everywhere.
Cloud bread has popped up on numerous food and health blogs. It is gluten-free, carb-free and has very little sugar in it too.
Sounds too good to be true? Well, it only have four ingredients so you can try it out yourself at home.
All you need is eggs, cream cheese, cream of tartar, and a packet of sweetener or honey (which is optional).
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Separate your eggs. Then, in one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and sweetener until smooth.
- In the second bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form stiff peaks. Beat the egg whites until it looks like whipped cream.
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites. Be careful as you don't want it to break.
- Be as quick as possible doing this as the mixture may start melting – Split the mixture into 10-12 even circles on a baking sheet.
- Bake for in the oven for about 20 minutes. Then before you serve, grill for 1 minute and watch it until the tops become golden.
Serve and enjoy!