Creating the perfect manicure can often be more costly than you anticipate. CND are here to provide the top DIY tips for your perfect cost effective manicure.
Make polka dots with the tip of a bobby pin
- Choose two nail colours of your choice. For A/W we recommend using CND’s new A/W Modern Folklore Collection in Crimson Sash and Locket Love.
- First, paint your nails in the base colour Crimson Sash.
- Wait for your nails to dry for two minutes.
- Get a bobby pin and dip it into the Locket Love as this is what you will be using for your dots.
- Apply the VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat to give your polish that week long effect.
Add corn starch to clear nail polish to create a matte top coat
- Take a bottle of clear nail polish that is at least 25% empty.
- Using a makeshift funnel made from rolled paper, add a teaspoon of cornstarch to the bottle of nail varnish.
- Shake the bottle to mix the cornstarch with the clear polish. Take note that this will involve a lot of shaking.
- Allow the polish to sit for 24 hours
Write on your nails with a sharpie pen
- To begin, choose a base colour of your choice. Try out the CND VINYLUX Modern Folklore Collection in Rose Brocade. Taking a Sharpie pen in a colour of your choice draw any design you wish.
Create a glitter French manicure
- Taking a nail glitter pen of your choice draw a stripe along your French manicure tip to dress it up and cover up those uneven lines.
Paint over lace to create an easy design
- Once you have your French manicure complete place a sheet of lace over each nail.
- Using a white nail polish of your choice, we suggest CND VINYLUX in Cream Puff, paint a thin layer on the outer side of the lace and voilá you have French manicured nails with a beautiful lace design.