As every woman knows, a waxing appointment is not exactly a cause for celebration. Yes, we leave the salon silky smooth and oh-so-super-sexy, but we also have to deal with a hell of a lot of discomfort in the meantime.
If you dread your appointments, but adore the results of a good wax, then you should definitely consider some of the following hacks to make sure your beauty regime is as agony-free as possible.
Hell, we don’t have time for pain, we’re busy women.
1. Refrigerate some soothing lotion the night before your appointment and turn to it in case of an emergency later.
Future you will thank you for it!
2. Pop an over-the counter painkiller about half an hour before you’re due to hop up on that table.
You, girl, are ready for this.
3. Do NOT schedule a waxing appointment when you’re due your period because your sensitivity to pain is heightened at this time of the month, however your tolerance to pain is at its highest a few days after your period!
Bring it ON!
4. Apparently our pain threshold is at its highest between 3 and 5pm every day girls, so get booking an afternoon session!
No, a morning appointment doesn't suit me unfortunately.
5. Avoid using scented body creams, working-out or wearing restrictive clothing for about 24 hours after your waxing session.
You do NOT want your perfectly smooth skin ruined by an eruption of pimples due to misuse of lotions or excessive sweating from a tough work-out.
If you follow these tips, you will have done everything in your power to make the appointment as painless and stress-free as possible. Go you!