There’s lots of lovely sunshine forecast for the Bank Holiday weekend, so who wants to be stuck in a stuffy kitchen all day!
This yummy white chocolate and strawberry mousse is the perfect sunny day dessert to share….or not…with your favourite people!
What you’ll need:
- 750g strawberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 225g white chocolate, grated
- 7g powdered gelatine
- 450ml double cream
- 30g ice sugar
What you’ll need to do:
- Place half of the strawberries into a blender and purée until smooth, then add the lemon juice to the bowl.
- Slice the remaining strawberries and add to the purée.
- Melt the grated chocolate slowly in a bowl over simmering water.
- In a small bowl, add the gelatine to about 50ml oz of water and leave to rest for five minutes.
- Place a quarter of the cream along with all the icing sugar into a pan and simmer until warm. Add the gelatine water and stir for five minutes over a low heat until dissolved.
- Pour the cream and gelatine mix into the melted chocolate and stir until smooth. Add the strawberry purée.
- Place the remaining cream into a bowl. Whip the cream until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed from the bowl. Gradually fold the cream into the chocolate and strawberry mix.
- Chill in fridge for three hours and serve.