But for more glam events, why not really take the ponytail to the next level? A textured look adds instant elegance to any outfit and this simple but sophisticated style can be seen everywhere this season: just look at Gigi Hadid!
- Wash the hair with TRESemmé 24 hour Body Shampoo & Conditioner to help maintain all day volume and bounce, making the hair manageable without weighing it down.
- Start at the crown, take 2-3cm-wide sections and softly backcomb from the root. Backcombing will give the hair texture and that edgy-raised shape, an eye-catching look that we commonly see in fashion.
- When you have finished backcombing, comb the hair back in the direction that the hair sits and lightly brush the hair into position.
- Place bobby pins on either side of the hair bobbin and hold the ponytail tightly in place. Place one of the pins in behind the hand and wrap the bobbin around the hair as tight as possible and pin the second one in to hold the ponytail tightly in place.
- From ear to ear, tease the hair out in small sections of the hair to create that volumised look. Then take 1cm of hair to wrap around and conceal the bobbin, this will also add an element of elegance to the hairstyle.
- Lift the ponytail and shake while misting the hair with with TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray infused with sea kelp extract. This helps you create a sexy, tousled texture in every stand.
- Finally secure the style with TRESemmé Ultimate Hold Hair Spray.
Now you can transform your plain ponytail to a party ponytail! Whether you have straight, curly, thin, dry or oily hair, this is definitely one hair style you should be trying out this summer.
For all the Get the look videos and for your chance to win a hair makeover with TRESemmé, click here.