The faux bob mimics the style of an actual bob, without having to resort to a drastic chop. It’s no surprise then that numerous celebrities are working this look on the red carpet: it’s classic; it’s chic – and it’s great for anyone who is considering going shorter, but would rather give it a trial-run first.
This look is particularly simple and easy to create with the help of the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth range and a few bobby pins/hair grips.
- Wash hair the night before using Keratin Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner to help transform hair, leaving it smooth and more manageable for up to 48 hours.
- Split the hair into sections and lightly curl with a straightener. Don’t worry if the sections aren’t exactly even.
- Next, back comb these sections to create a base for the clips to grip to. Once you are finished back combing, brush the hair through until smooth.
- Separate a small bit of hair at the front of the head, and apply TRESemmé Volume & Lift Mousse to the ends of the remainder of the hair. This will give the hair texture and help the style hold for longer.
- Place two bobby pins in a criss-cross at the bottom of the hair, roll the hair up to the nape of the neck and pin in place using extra pins. Using the hair that you left to the front of the head, twist it lightly and tuck under at the nape of the neck with the rest of the hair. If you have layers, create the Lea Michele style faux bob by leaving some curls to hang by the front of your face.
- Pin bobby pins throughout the hair to create texture and to secure the style.
- Finally, finish the style with TRESemmé Ultimate Hold Hair Spray, for 24 hour protection against frizz and flyaways.
And there you have it! You’ve mastered the SHEmazing! faux bob; the perfect style for genuine looking short hair without committing to chopping it all off.
For all the Get the look videos and for your chance to win a hair makeover with TRESemmé, click here.