We know this is a bit naughty, but how tasty would this French toast recipe be for brunch this weekend?!
What you’ll need:
- 50ml whole milk
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 thick slices slightly stale brioche
- 2 knobs unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch – ½ tsp ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- Maple syrup, to taste
What you’ll need to do:
- Whisk together the milk and eggs in a wide shallow bowl.
- Dip the brioche slices into the egg and milk mixture for one minute, making sure the liquid soaks into the brioche on both sides.
- Heat a knob of butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, fry the brioche slices for two minutes on each side until golden-brown and crisp. Remove from the pan and place onto a serving plate.
- Combine the caster sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add another knob of butter to the pan over a high heat. Once melted, add the sliced banana to the pan, toss in the melted butter and fry for two minutes, or until caramelised lightly on the outside.
- Serve the French toast with the caramelised banana, a sprinkle of the cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup. Yum!