Mum, Mam, Mammy, Mom… whatever you call your mother, if you're one of the lucky ones she's your best friend and your biggest hero.
Mother's Day is this Sunday and we've been taking some time to reflect on why our mums are simply the best.
Here are just a few of the reasons why…
1. They ALWAYS know where to find things
"Do you know where that ski jacket is I haven't used since 2006?" "Third drawer down in the spare room." WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!
2. They give the best advice
It's all the life experience, doncha know.
3. They always think you're the best, even when you're not
"You definitely should have gotten the job love, they don't know what they're missing out on." Thanks Mam!
4. They'll always offer an honest opinion on how you look
"You look a bit… chesty."
5. They won't mind if you call them at 2am in tears
Sure they were well used to waking up in the middle of the night when you were a baba!
6. They've seen you at your worst
Covered in your own poo as a 2 year old? Yup. Vomiting on your bed after your first teenage drinking sesh? Yup, that too.
7. They give the best hugs ever
Make sure you give your mum one back this Mother's Day.