Surprise your work colleagues with these delicious and easy to make spiced mixed nuts.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g unsalted mixed nuts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsps light brown sugar
What you’ll need to do:
- Gently heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat.
- Add the nuts, salt, chilli and paprika and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Spoon the cooked nuts onto a sheet of baking paper and dab away the excess oil.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy.
There’s nothing worse than the feeling we get after overindulging. It can make us feel bloated, sluggish and hopeless.
If you’re tired of feeling this way and want to start the New Year with a clean slate, take a look at the feel-good snacks below.
Get some protein into you.
The right amount of protein can help you feel fuller than most carbs and it’s better for you. Greek yoghurt and cottage cheese are both great sources of protein and energy.
Replace Tayto with popcorn.
Popcorn is a great alternative for crisps. It’s a low-calorie snack that will keep you going without having to feel bad after.
Stack up on vegetable sticks.
You can chop up some carrots and bring them with you to college or work. The more healthy food you have easily available, the less likely you are to eat junk food.