Hundreds of young fans were left devastated tonight after One Direction cancelled their first Belfast concert at the last minute.
The group were due to perform at the SSE Arena this evening after three sold-out nights at Dublin's 3Arena, but had to pull out just minutes beforehand.
Support act Jamie Lawson had just finished playing when the announcement was made around 9pm.
"Unfortunately One Direction have had to cancel tonight's concert in Belfast," a statement from Aiken Promotions read.
"Liam has been taken suddenly ill, and the concert will sadly not be taking place."
Niall, Harry and Louis all took to social media tonight to apologise to fans for the unforeseen cancellation:
So sorry we have had to cancel tonight guys. Unfortunately these things happen… Thank you to all who came down tonight !
— Niall Horan (@NiallOfficial) October 20, 2015
Deepest apologies to everyone at the show tonight in Belfast. Very disappointed, but unfortunately these things happen. We're very sorry. H
— Harry Styles. (@Harry_Styles) October 20, 2015
We're so so sorry for what happened tonight, it was out of our control ! Lots of love to Liam and thank you for being so understanding !
— Louis Tomlinson (@Louis_Tomlinson) October 20, 2015
There is no news yet on whether Wednesday and Thursday's gigs will go ahead.
For now, tonight's attendees have been asked to "hold on to their tickets" with a further statement due tomorrow.
One concertgoer, father Michael Green, said he was "disgusted" at the way fans had been treated.
He told BBC that he and his six-year-old daughter had to walk past "hundreds and hundreds" of weeping women and children to exit the venue.