If you’re feeling peckish and want to avoid junk food, we have something that you’ll like.
There are a lot of misconceptions about protein bars in general, but when you make them at home, you don’t have to worry about additives because the ball is in your court.
These tasty snacks are very easy to make and whether you want to gain or lose weight, they can keep you going in between meals.
What you need:
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of dried fruit
- 1 cup of nuts
- 3 scoops of protein powder
What you do:
- To make these tasty treats, heat the honey and peanut butter in a medium-sized pan.
- When the texture is runny, add the fruit, oat, nuts and protein powder.
- Stir until everything is properly coated
- Remove from heat and spread in a greased casserole dish/tin and press in evenly.
- Cool in fridge for at least an hour.
- Slice and wrap in tinfoil so you can bring them with you to work or college.