Amy McMahon is our Beauty Blogger of the week.
Her fabulous alphabetical blog, Daily Mamey, features an alphabet per month, so you can be sure it will keep us up to date on everything fashion and beauty related.
We had a chat with Amy and got all the gossip on her beauty buys and make-up routine!
1. What’s your best budget beauty buy?
My best budget beauty buy is Rimmel London's Colour Rush Balm lip crayon, shade: Rumour Has It. It's super cheap at only €7.99 and last for hours and hours without reapplying.
2. What’s your top make-up tip?
Always, always, always make sure to blend your foundation, blusher and contouring! Nobody wants a streaky complexion or an obvious foundation line. It's just not a good look…
3. Do you have a favourite all round beauty product?
I think dry shampoo is a beauty bag necessity all year round. I use two different types: Aussie's "Miracle Dry Shampoo Aussome Volume" and Batiste's "Blush Dry Shampoo". I've been cursed with oily hair so even if I shower night, my hair could look greasy the following morning. It's a nuisance, but using dry shampoo always helps.
4. What’s your earliest beauty memory?
Until the age of fifteen, I was totally against makeup. Then I discovered lip gloss and fell instantly in love with makeup and have been ever since. I think my first beauty products I bought was an Essence juicy tube and it was cherry flavoured.
5. Most girls have a signature scent- what’s yours?
At the moment I really like "Honey" by Marc Jacobs. I wear that perfume practically every day.
6. What’s in your make-up bag right now?
In my beauty bag there is…
• Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, shade: sand
• Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, shade: peach
• Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara
• Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit, light
• Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit, light
• Benefit Cosmetics World Famous Neutrals eyeshadow kit
• Naked Basics Palette 1&2
• Bourjois Blusher, brown
• Seventeen Lip Crayon, shade: superstar
• Rimmel Lip Crayon, shade: rumour has it
• L'oreal Blackbuster Eye Liner
• Revelon Lip Crayon, shade: audacious
• Soap & Glory-lip gloss
• Catrice red lipstick
• Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss, shade: captivate me!
For brushes, I use Jack Wills makeup brushes (but keep them in a Cath Kidston makeup bag) and a Seventeen blusher brush. I'm looking for a good blending brush at the moment.