Maya Angelou, the renowned poet and author, sadly passed away on Wednesday at age 86.
She was a very wise woman, full of amazing and inspirational quotes that’ll make you want to grab life by the horns.
Here are just a few of them.
1. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
2. “Nothing will work unless you do.”
3. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”
4. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.”
5. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”