The festive season is well and truly upon us, and we reckon we'll have to up our game when it comes to hosting the perfect party over the next few weeks.
What better way to impress your pals than with a pitcher of some seriously delicious Christmas-themed cocktails?
These recipes all make one but can be multiplied to serve a group.
No Christmas cocktail list would be complete without a bit of sparkle – and this Prosecco-based drink is definitely a great place to start! It's so simple and really refreshing.
- 50ml peach juice or peach nectar
- 100ml Prosecco
- Pour peach juice into a champagne flute and top with chilled Prosecco. This recipe can be adapted for large groups, simply keep the proportions as one part peach juice, two parts Prosecco.
This creamy, chocolatey cocktail is very indulgent – but what's a Christmas party without a little naughtiness?!
- 50ml coffee liqueur eg. Tia Maria
- 30ml double cream
- Cocoa powder or chocolate shavings to garnish
- Pour liqueur into a small cocktail glass.
- Hold a spoon upside down over the glass and pour the cream slowly over it, so that it sits on the liqueur rather than mixing with it.
- Garnish with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings.
Cranberry Christmas Mojito
Get all the flavours of the festive season with this fun and fresh mojito recipe.
- 50ml white rum
- 25ml cranberry juice
- Juice of one lime
- 2 -3 tablespoons white sugar
- Small handful mint leaves (6 – 8 leaves)
- Crushed ice
- 50ml soda water
- Place mint leaves in one hand and slap with the palm of your other hand.
- Tear the leaves into slightly smaller pieces and place in a highball glass.
- Add lime juice, sugar and cranberry juice.
- Add a small handful of crushed ice and mix the contents of the glass with the handle of a spoon until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add more ice until it reaches about 2cm below the rim of the glass.
- Add rum and stir again.
- Top with soda water until glass is full (you may not need all 50ml).
- Stir again and garnish with mint leaves.