Who doesn’t love a crispy, sweet and warm pain au chocolat with their afternoon coffee? It’s perfection.
These are deceptively easy to make with only three ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 handfuls of chocolate chips or spread
- Flaked almonds (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide the puff pastry into 6 squares, or 4 if you prefer bigger pastries.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Add the chips or spread to the middle of the pastry and fold the sides on top of the middle to seal the chocolate filling.
- Brush the outside of the pastries once sealed.
- If using, sprinkle the almonds on top now.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until golden and crisp.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar.