Simple lemon and basil spaghetti
This is a really easy dinner to throw together after a long day at work.
What you’ll need:
- 75g wholewheat spaghetti
- Juice and rind of one lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- handful of breadcrumbs
- Sprinkle of feta (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
- Cook the spaghetti as instructed on the packet and set aside.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and add the garlic, soften.
- When the garlic has softened add the breadcrumbs and combine so they soak up the oil and garlic flavours.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and add the rind, heat for a further 5mins.
- Combine the spaghetti and the breadcrumb mixture.
- Stir in the chopped basil.
- Sprinkle the feta over the dish, if using.