So it may not feel like it’s even remotely near summer but that doesn’t mean you can’t eat like it is. No, we won’t be getting the barbecue out any time soon but these Vietnamese summer rolls make it feel a little closer.
What you’ll need:
- Rice paper (available at most Asian supermarkets)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 5 prawns, cooked and peeled
- 2 spring onion
- 1/2 carrot
What you’ll need to do:
- Slice the carrot, cucumber and spring onion, julienne style.
- Prepare the rice papers according to the instructions and lay them on a surface.
- Place a small portion of each veg and two prawns sliced length ways into the middle of the paper.
- Carefully fold in two opposing sides of the paper.
- Begin to fold a third side but simply keep rolling over to the other side until the roll is formed.
- Continue until the veg, prawns and papers are used or until you have enough!
- Serve with some sweet chilli sauce for dipping.