The sun may have gone, but fear not, you can imagine that you’re in sunny Spain with this delicious paella recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek or onion, sliced
- 1 tomato
- 110g pack chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1-2 chicken fillets
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 300g long grain rice
- 1l hot fish or chicken stock
- 200g frozen peas
- 400g frozen seafood mix, defrosted
What you’ll need to do:
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, then soften the leek for five minutes without browning.
- Add the chopped chicken fillet pieces, ensure that they are cooked thoroughly without browning on the outside.
- Add the chorizo and fry until it releases its oils. Stir in the turmeric and rice until coated by the oils, then pour in the stock.
- Bring the ingredients to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Tip in the chopped tomato, peas and cook for five minutes, then stir in the seafood to heat through for a final one-two minutes cooking or until rice is cooked.
- Check for seasoning and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Tip: The best thing about paella is that any ingredients can really work with this dish. So, if you’re not a fan of chicken, you can swap it for your favourite meat, fish or veg instead.