There are a number of reasons why someone can end up with dry skin, from genetics to allergies and in some cases even asthma. But, a lot of the time, external factors are the biggest cause for dry skin.
Here are ways you can tackle it:
- Use cleansers that are suited to your skin type.
- Don’t over-scrub your face as it will strip your skin’s natural oils and leave you with a dry and uncomfortable feeling.
- Always use a moisturiser after you’ve cleansed your face. Whether it’s in the morning or at night, your skin needs to be moisturised.
- Make a habit out of exfoliating. This will remove any dead cells lying on the surface of the skin.
- Since saliva has enzymes that draw the moisturise from your lips, it’s best you avoid licking them. Instead, use a balm whenever you feel your lips are dry.