These muffins are decadently healthy and perfect for breakfast on the go.
The secret ingredient to these gently spiced muffins is sweet potato which makes them moist and fluffy.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- 100g almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120ml almond milk
- 2 handfuls of blueberries
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 60ml honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin tin with liners.
- Cook the sweet potato and mash, allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, honey, orange and almond milk together.
- Add the blueberries and walnuts to the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together to create a batter.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cases and bake until a skewer comes out clean, about 25-30 mins.