This soup is great for those nights you just can’t face a big heavy meal. The gentle Thai spices mesh wonderfully with the coconut milk, so this will soon become a firm favourite.
What you need:
- 1 x 400g light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp red curry paste (green can also be used here)
- 1/4 pack of rice noodles
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 1/2 small head of broccoli
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
What you do:
- Heat a tbsp of coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the curry paste.
- When the paste is warmed slightly, add the coconut milk and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the veg and cook to soften, with the lid on. If it reduces too much just add in a little veg stock.
- Squeeze in the lime juice.
- Cook the noodles to the instruction on the packet and add to the soup.
- Garnish with the chilli and peanuts, if using.
Top tip: Why not add some cooked prawns to your laksa?