Everybody loves Macaroni and Cheese, it is rich, comforting and so tasty!
What you’ll need:
- 300g macaroni pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp plain flour, heaped
- 550-600ml low-fat milk
- 200g mature cheddar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 50g emmental cheese
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Breadcrumbs, to cover
What you’ll need to do:
- Cook the pasta to instruction, drain and set aside.
- Grate the cheeses and set aside.
- To make the roux, melt the butter and add the flour. Pour in the milk and stir constantly until it gets a little thicker.
- Add the nutmeg to the roux.
- Mix in the grated cheese and melt until a smooth sauce is achieved.
- Add the pasta and cover well with the sauce.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.
- Place in the oven until the top is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Enjoy with some broccoli.