This simple cauliflower pizza base is so much healthier for you than the regular kind.
Not only is it gluten-free, but it is also low-fat and carb free for those watching their diet.
Add any toppings you like such as feta cheese, olives, kale, rocket – anything you want!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cauliflower
- 4 tbsp. ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
- Grate or pulse the cauliflower head into a rice-like consistency.
- Cook in the microwave for 3-4 mins on medium heat.
- Allow to cook and using a teacloth or a piece of cheesecloth, drain all of the moisture out of the cauliflower. Your hands will hurt after all that squeezing but a dry consistency is essential.
- In a large bowl add the almonds, basil and chilli flakes to the cauliflower. Mix to combine and season well.
- Add the egg and bring the dough-like mixture together.
- On a baking sheet, spread the mixture out into a pizza shape, making sure to keep it nice and round as well as quite thin. This will ensure a crispy base.
- Bake for about 30 mins, flipping over once the top gets golden and is firm enough to turn without breaking.
- Add your toppings such as a tomato sauce, cheese, veg, meat and anything else you like.
- Return to the oven to melt the cheese and enjoy!