Everyone can always tell when someone is an only child. But they never think of the things WE had to deal with as a result of being an only child. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows y’know!
1. Dealing with people who say: “But you don’t seem like an only child”
What does that even mean?
2. Two-player video games are always a bit tricky
Teddy = Player Two. Weep.
3. People who accuse you of being a bit spoilt
Thing is, sometimes you ARE a little selfish…Oh well. Hey, that’s MINE!!
4. The way twins relate to The Parent Trap
5. You relate to The Shining
6. You get VERY close with your BFF because they’re like a sibling to you
7. In general, you tend to prefer the company of older people
Because kids be cray.
8. ’90s TV shows made you a bit sad. There were so many siblings!
9. Apart from Sabrina of course
10. One Christmas you even asked Santa for a little brother
Guess he got stuck in the chimney
11. You’re not great at confrontation
You were never wrestled by an older brother, how do people even fight?
12. People LOVE asking you if you had imaginary friends as a kid
In fact you were friends with the friends of those imaginary friends.
13. You’re still learning how ‘housemates’ work
The basics of cohabitation don’t come naturally.
14. At times your parents were a little overbearing
15. Small talk kind of ends when people ask: “Do you have siblings?”
16. Christmas isn’t a great turn out
17. The whole unwrapping of the presents never takes very long
18. But in general being an only child is AWESOME
19. Only child = the best child!
via our content partner CT