This salad has amazing flavours with the sweet earthiness of the roasted beets and the salty creaminess of the feta – it is perfection.
This would be great as a starter for your valentine or even as a healthy lunch.
What you’ll need:
- 2 medium sized beetroots
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 200g good-quality feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 2 handfuls of rocket
What you’ll need to do:
- To roast the beets, wash and peel them. Cut them into bite-size chunks.
- Place in a roasting dish and sprinkle with sea salt and the rapeseed oil. Put them in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for about 45 mins until tender. When cooked, reserve any juices that are in the roasting tin.
- Arrange the rocket on two plates and add the feta and roasted beetroot on top.
- In a bowl, drain the roasted beetroot juice and add a tsp of balsamic reduction and season.
- Pour over the salads and serve with some crusty bread.