Ahh Penneys – the one true love of every Irish girl.
Below are some of reasons we truly love Penneys almost as much as we love our mums:
1. You can actually afford the stuff in there.
How many hours have you wandered around its labyrinth of reasonably priced everything?
2. You can buy an entire outfit in 40 minutes
Including shoes,underwear, the exact right shade of bra and 2 to 3 pieces of jewellery and maybe even have change for a Supermacs..
3. Displaying your haul on your bed is so satisfying-
4. Fighting with other shoppers over the last S/S 2014 essential kimono even though you don’t need it, But you want it.
5. Getting lost once inside but being secretly happy to ditch your friends just so you can browse easier
6. Tights – Who the hell buys tights in river island? Or Topshop ? or even forever 21- not Irish girls thats who-
7. Bras and Knickers. We honestly don’t know anyone who buys the majority of their underwear elsewhere
8. Their socks
9. Picking up a carrier basket even though you’ve only come in for ‘a look around’ can be tough..
They are deceptively deep..
10. It’s part of the Irish female psyche to need €4 ballerina pumps
11. Where would be on Saturday night without a trusty pair of Penney’s pumps in our handbags?
12. Penneys Bikinis are the Sh*t
Trick is to buy them now as all the good bikinis sell out by the end of May..
13. The jewellery is a steal..
14. Cocoa Brown
Making Irish people look bronzed in the depths of Winter..
15. Pre Festival Frenzy
Aztec print Wellies? ✓ A range of Wipes and Hand sanitizer? ✓ Cool urban print rain jacket ✓✓✓ Penny’s has your back for every festival.
16. The Short Lived Fitness Frenzy
New years resolutions are born while shopping away your January blues. Only 7 euro for yoga pants ? And we need a cute water bottle for all our hydration needs!
17. The Onesies
Because it’s not Christmas without a fleecy reasonably priced Onesie.
18. The Crowds
We love a good crowd- everyone’s there because every things wonderful.
19. The Arguing
You totally saw that mesh top that’s only €2 first… #catfight
20. The almost convincing fake Chanel handbags
21. Knowing to avoid the Penney’s in Rathfarnham.
It doesn’t live up to the reputation.
22. Knowing that the Mary’s Street one is a mecca.
23. Being able to say ‘Thanks, Penneys’ when someone complements you
24. Random Quotes on Stuff
25. €8 denim shorts
26. Having a new outfit for every night out
via our content partner CT