If you overdid it on the chocolate and rich food this Valentine’s Day don’t worry – we have just what you need.
Replace your rice with quinoa for an easier-to-digest meal without skimping on taste. Quinoa is a superfood and is a source of complete protein.
This meal would make a great lunch that you can bring to work or college with you.
What you’ll need:
- 125g quinoa
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- 1 avocado
- Handful of black beans, either tinned or soaked overnight and cooked
- Parsley (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
- Prepare the quinoa and black beans as instructed.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and chop the avocado into small pieces.
- In a bowl combine the cooled quinoa, beans, sweetcorn, tomatoes, avocado and season.
- If you would like a little more taste, drizzle some olive oil and balsamic over the top.
- Add some parsley or coriander for extra taste if you have some.