The heat wave has returned and what better way to cool down than with your very own delicious poptail.
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium, ripe papaya
- rose wine
What you’ll need to do:
- Peel the papaya, and cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out all the seeds, and any stringy pith, with a spoon.
- Purée the fruit in a blender.
- Mix about 1 and half cups of purée with an equal amount of rose. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle mold. Cover the top of the mold with foil. Flattening out the top with your hands so you can see the outline of each mold.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the centre of each mold. Freeze until solid, 4 -5 hours, or overnight.
- To un-mold the pops, fill your sink with hot tap water. Immerse the mold up to by not past the top rim. Hold for 15 seconds, then remove from the water and slip the popsicles out. If they don’t budge, immerse the mold for another 15 seconds.
Of course you don’t have to stick to papaya and rose – you can mix it up with your own favourite fruits and alcohol.