Soup is great for bulk-making those weekly lunches – just cook ahead of time and store in the fridge or freezer. Healthy and satisfying, this soup is great with brown bread on those cold winter days.
What you need:
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 leek
- 1 parsnip
- fresh parsley
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- salt and pepper
What you do:
- Chop the onion, carrot, parsnip, leek and celery into pieces; you’ll be blending it anyway so it doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a large saucepan and add all the veg. Cook for about 5 minutes and season well.
- Add the tbsp of bouillon powder and cover the veg with boiling water.
- Cook over low-medium heat until the veg has softened.
- Add the chopped fresh parsley.
- Allow to cool and use a hand-blender to blend the soup.
- Serve with your favourite brown bread.