Although only a few years apart, there is a world of difference between how we like to let our hair down at 18 and 25.
Where to party
- At 18: Your parents are away for the weekend and have entrusted you to look after the house (and the booze cabinet) unsupervised. Jackpot!
- At 25: You are a confident and sophisticated 20-something and are ready to grace the bar and club scene with vigour. After those never-ending awkward teen years, the novelty of adult conversation and overpriced Chardonnay is a thrill.
- At 18: You’ll start to get ready for the night out at around 2pm that day. You’ll assemble with friends to discuss many, many outfits and hairdos, going through a landslide of selfies and a gallon of lip-gloss while agonising over whether or not your ‘crush du jour’ will show up.
- At 25: Party prep in your more calm and collected 20s is less flustered than your teen years. You know what suits you and what really doesn’t, what looks to avoid and what to flaunt. You can also probably afford your own outfits by now and don’t have to wait until your sister/flatmate goes out in order to pillage her wardrobe.
The morning after
- At 18: You’ve partied ‘til dawn and are still feeling fresh enough to make it in time for that lecture or part-time job. Hangover who?
- At 25: Never again…