NYX Cosmetics have taken the world by storm and their arrival in Ireland a few months ago has drawn serious attention from make-up lovers and beauty bloggers all over the country.
NYX blushers are a thing of serious beauty and can give you that healthy complexion and radiant glow that we all want leaving the house in the mornings! Or indeed, in the evenings…
However, many of us can be a little wary when it comes to using blush on our cheeks – where exactly should you apply it and what colour is best for your skin tone?
Now, NYX have shared some of their ultimate tips to ensure that you rock the blusher look:
- To apply to your cheeks, smile at yourself in the mirror and dot on the apples of your cheeks. Use your blusher brush or finger to blend towards the temples to give a subtle, sculpted glow. It’s important to apply high up on the apple of your cheeks so that your cheek looks lifted.
- Avoid applying blush high up on the cheek bones, this area is for bronzer and blush will only create a longer face and shorten your forehead.
- Always make sure you tap off any excess blush so you don’t apply too much on the cheek.
- Try choose a shade that matches your cheeks when flushed or pick a hue that matches your lip colour so you ensure your cheeks look naturally blushed and not overdone. The NYX Cosmetics Blush in Angel, €7.49 is a shade that looks stunning on all skin tones.
- Powder blushes are amazing for women prone to oily skin.
- When choosing a blush or bronzer it’s important to find one that will illuminate the skin. Pastels, such as pretty peaches like the NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush Peach, €7.49 will brighten up your skin and highlight your face in all the right places.
- For first time blushers, start off with a light pink or coral pigment like NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush Pinched, €7.49 and if you want something brighter go with a rose colour or deeper plum shade like the NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush Rose Garden, €7.49 if your skin tone is more sallow and warmer in tones.
NYX's blushers come in a range of colours and tones to suit everyone – our trouble is choosing just one!