GourmetFuel™ is a new Irish company that is one of a kind – and it’s launching this month! The company focuses not only on bringing you healthy and nutritious food, but also on training you in a state-of-the-art fitness facility.
Run by brother and sister team Rob and Emma Buckley, the company seeks to make it easier for people to eat nutritiously and lead a healthy and fit lifestyle. This new innovative company will not only create a tailored workout plan, but their head chef will create the meals you need to reach your goal which will then be delivered at your convenience.
With meal plans starting from just €19.97, it won't blow your food budget, either!
Food is created by former Avoca chef Andy Dowling with home, work and juice delivery options available to customers – making sure you can eat healthy no matter where you are! The fitness side of GourmetFuel™ is looked after by personal trainer Niall Byrne who will help you get the body goals you want with a tailored plan.
Co-founder of GourmetFuel™ and a nutritionist herself, Emma Buckley describes why this new Irish company could help you get healthy and make life a little easier: “I find it a challenge to always have healthy food, that doesn’t cost a fortune, perfect for my needs and ready to go – and I’m a nutritionist! We’re all busy, leading hectic lives and sometimes food and our health just gets pushed on the back burner. We developed GourmetFuel™ so that doesn’t have to be the case."
GourmetFuel™ also shared a great recipe with us to get you in the healthy mode! These meals are nutritious and tasty – just a idea of the type of meals the company can create for you.
Ginger and Lime Chicken with Sweet Potato and Kale Mash (500 cals)
- 5ml lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- 1 roasted chicken breast (128g)
- 1tsp sesame seeds per person
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 10ml maple syrup
- Ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- 2 Sprigs of fresh thyme (leaves only, not stalks)
- 5g ginger, peeled
- 25g kale
- 240g sweet potato
- 1 knob of butter
For the lime and ginger chicken
- To make the marinade peel and finely chop chop ginger & garlic, and add to a bowl with lime juice, lime zest, maple syrup, sesame seeds, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper & mix.
- Place the chicken in a large serving dish, add marinade, cover with foil and refrigerate for at least two hours
- Bake marinated chicken in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 25-30 mins.
- Remove the succulent chicken from the oven and cut into large slices.
For the sweet potato and kale mash
- Peel, cube & boil sweet potato in a pan of salted water for 20 minutes
- Blanch the kale by placing it in salted boiling water for one minute, removing and then immediately placing in a bowl of ice cold water.
- Put boiled sweet potato, kale, thyme and butter into a food processor and blitz or alternatively hand mash.
- Generously season with salt & pepper.
- Place the Sweet Potato & Kale pureé in the middle of the plate in a thin line
- Place the cubed chicken on top