Instead of spending a painful amount on products that are supposed to whiten your teeth, how about trying out a few home remedies to help you get those pearly whites?
Here are three budget friendly ways to get a beaming smile:
Baking soda and lemon juice
- Mix a tbsp of baking powder with enough lemon juice to make a paste. Brush your teeth with the paste and then leave it on for no more than a minute.
- Baking soda is quite abrasive so don’t leave it on for too long. Since it’s very alkaline (the opposite of acidic), it reduces the acidity in the lemon juice.
- Get a ripe banana and peel it as you normally would.
- Take a piece of the inside of the peel and rub it on your teeth for two minutes.
- The potassium, magnesium in the peel absorb into your teeth and whiten them.
- Put about a tbsp of coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around your mouth for about 10-20 minutes. Spit it out and then brush your teeth as normal.
- This will give you fresh breath as well as shiny teeth.