Sunday mornings were tough when the duvet was ripped from your bed at some ungodly hour and you were marched out the door to mass which, although only 40mins, felt like an eternity.
1. Chaos in the house trying to get there on time. Your Mum and Dad killing each other..
2. Not being able to find your ‘good’ shoes
3. Your Mum telling you to sit up straight
4. Feeling morally wrong if you were the only one sitting down
6. Fidgeting with anything you could find
7. Wanting to rob the collection basket
10. The fear that the priest could read your mind
10. The indecisiveness of grabbing the wafer or sticking your tongue out
11. Thinking you wanted to be an alter girl
12. Always forgetting what you are supposed to say in the confession booth
14. Shaking hands with strangers during the Sign of Peace was always a little awkward
16. When the priest blessed the congregation with holy water, you felt extra special when the water actually touched you