This makes for a perfect Valentine’s Day brekkie. It only takes a couple of minutes to make so you could enjoy it in bed next to your other half almost immediately.
What you’ll need:
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
- Combine the egg and milk in a small mixing bowl.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut the shapes out of the slices of bread.
- Meanwhile, heat a fry pan on a medium heat and melt a knob of butter on it.
- Swirl it so it covers the base of the pan.
- Cover each slice of the heart-shaped bread in the egg and milk mixture.
- Once both sides are covered, place in the hot frying pan.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown and remove from heat.
- Continue to do this until all bread slices are done.
- Serve on a plate and scatter the raspberries over the hearts, followed by some dusting with icing sugar (optional)