We’ve had amazing kisses worthy of a Hollywood film (if shifting in torrential rain counts). We've had mediocre kisses that take place when we’re both rushing out the door. And we've had woeful kisses we’d much rather forget. Be gone, GAA disco memories.
But how much do we actually know about the art of puckering up?
Here are ten super-important facts that you should commit to memory now before it’s too late.
1) French kissing, which uses all 34 facial muscles, burns 26 calories per minute!
That’s why making-out is so important after a romantic four course meal and calorie-laden cocktails.
2) The world’s longest kiss lasted a whopping 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds.
Take a bow, Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat of Thailand!
3) Approximately two-thirds of people tilt their head to the right before going in for the kill.
The other way feels like head gymnastics, right?
4) Chimpanzees often smooch each other after a fight.
We’re not the only ones who need to kiss and make up every now and again!
5) The fear of kissing is known as philemaphobia.
We kinda wish we’d suffered from that during our school discos. Blergh.
6) Kissing is good for your gnashers.
So, don’t beat yourself up if your dental floss is gathering dust in the bathroom.
7) It has been known for some women to reach orgasm through kissing alone.
Even more reason to get back to basics with your boyfriend, right?
8) An Eskimo Kiss is the act of rubbing your nose off your partners while snogging.
It’s weird and, inexplicably, cute.
9) When two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and one billion germs.
Moving on. Moving on NOW.
10) People tend to remember their first kiss more vividly than the first time they had sex.
Spin the bottle. Third Year. Hot.