This is the perfect Paddy’s Day treat for anyone who is a fan of Baileys Irish Cream. With a little patience, you can indulge in this tiramisu shortly after your St. Patricks Day dinner.
What you need:
- 190g Baileys Irish Cream
- 350ml of strongly brewed espresso
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoon of icing or superfine castor sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence
- 110g lightly whipped cream
- 260g thin sponge finger biscuits
- 20g of cocoa powder
- Combine 125ml Baileys and the expresso in a shallow dish and then set aside.
- Mix the mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and the remaining Baileys Irish Cream until it’s well combined and smooth.
- Fold in the lightly whipped cream until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Dip half the sponge fingers biscuit into the coffee and Irish Cream mixture and then place them in a single layer on the bottom of a 2 litre ceramic dish.
- Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the biscuits and dust with cocoa powder.
- Dip the remaining biscuits in the coffee and Irish cream mixture then lay it on top.
- Spread the remaining mascarpone mixture on top of the biscuits and then dust with cocoa powder before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Don’t forget to decorate with whipped cream and dusted cocoa powder!