We're not sure if you've heard yet but there has been some pretty amazing news about chocolate.
According to a study carried out by German researchers and published in the International Archives of Medicine, chocolate can actually help us to lose weight – not hinder it. Best. New. Ever.
Research director, Johannes Bohannon explained the results of their study, saying: “It is not enough to just consume chocolate, but in combination with exercise and reduction in carbohydrates, our data indicate that chocolate can be a weight loss accelerator."
To celebrate this life changing news, we've decided to celebrate – with chocolate, of course.
What you'll need:
For the cupcakes:
- 110g self-raising flour
- 110g butter at room temperature
- 110g caster sugar
- 40g cocoa powder
- 12 Ferrero Rocher
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
For the frosting:
- 110g butter, softened
- 110g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp. Nutella
What you'll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tin with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together before beating the eggs in and sifting in the cocoa, flour and salt. Combine until mixed throughout but don't overwork the mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture between the muffin liners and fill about a fourth of the way to allow for rising.
- Place a single Ferrero Rocher into the middle of each muffin liner.
- Bake for about 20-25mins or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before icing.
- For the frosting simply combine the ingredients into a bowl and ice each cupcake.