Have that all important job interview coming up? Here are some great tips to ensure that it goes well:
- Even though nerves can often get the best of us, make sure you stay on topic and answer the questions asked.
- Maintain eye contact – it may feel a little strange, but it shows that you are focused as well as confident.
- Don’t let your nerves take complete hold of you. Instead of thinking of the interview as a whole or zooming in on the interviewer’s reactions to your answers, just focus on each question asked and the time will fly.
- Interviewers will often ask if you have any questions towards the end of your interview. Even though many of us prefer to say no, so we can get out of the interview as soon as possible, it is a good opportunity to show that you’ve researched the company and the role.
- Most importantly, make sure that you are dressed appropriately for an interview. An interview only allows you a limited amount of time to make a great impression and the right outfit can show how serious you are about this position.