Why eat out with the girls, when you can all have a night in with some mini pizzas? And now, thanks to this easy recipe, you don’t even have to load up on the frozen brands. Yay!
What you’ll need:
- ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 285g white spelt flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp capers
- 300g tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- For the bases, mix the yeast with 170ml of lukewarm water, cover and set aside in a warm room for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until the onions start to go soft. Add a splash of water to cool then add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until thickened. Set aside until ready to construct the pizzas.
- For the bases, whisk the yeast and water mixture and set aside for another five minutes.
- Place the spelt flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture. Mix to combine then turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5–10 minutes until smooth and silky to the touch, adding a little more flour if necessary.
- Divide the bread dough into eight pieces, roll each piece into a ball and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and flatten into a circle.
- Smear on some tomato sauce followed by your choice of toppings and bake for five minutes. Rotate and bake for a further five minutes, or until the base is crisp.