These delicious cupcakes are not only easy to make but can also come in handy for that perfect lunchtime treat.
What you’ll need:
- 225g self-raising flour
- 175g golden caster sugar
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. of poppy seeds
- 3 eggs
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 175g butter, melted and cooled a little
What you’ll need to do:
- Heat your oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake or muffin cases.
- Mix the flour, sugar, lemon zest and poppy seeds together in a large mixing bowl. Beat the eggs into the yoghurt, then add the mixture into the dry ingredients with the melted butter.
- Use a wooden spoon or whisk until the mixture is lump-free, then divide between the cases.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until a skewer poked in comes out clean – the cakes will be quite pale on top.
- Cool for five minutes in the tin, then carefully lift onto a wire rack to finish cooling.