While nothing beats a packet of our own favourite Taytos – we can’t help being partial to the taste of some homemade crisps. And now you can create your own favourite flavoured crisps, thanks to this simple recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 200g potato
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 150ml malt or cider vinegar
What you’ll need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 120°C and line your baking sheets with olive oil (otherwise the crisps may stick to the baking sheets).
- Mix the salt with the vinegar until dissolved.
- Scrub your potatoes well and leave unpeeled. Then cut as thinly as possible with a sharp knife.
- Place the potato slices in a bowl, pour over the liquid and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- After soaking, drain the potato slices well and shake off any excess liquid. Lay the slices in a single layer on your baking sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn the baking sheets around, swap the shelves that they’re on and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes until crisp. Ovens, potatoes and slicing thicknesses vary, so make sure to check them often.
- You can then eat your crisps on their own or if you like can serve with dips.